Location: San Francisco
Reporting to: Director
The Associate is responsible for assisting in originating, underwriting, and performing due diligence on real estate debt transactions. The candidate should be self-motivated, work effectively in teams, detail oriented, and be able to work on multiple transactions at once in a fast-paced environment. They will have an excellent opportunity to work on a variety of large institutional real estate transactions, including multiple property types across the country. This role will report to the Director and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
• Create detailed real estate financial models in Excel and ARGUS.
• Prepare internal investment memoranda.
• Provide general analytical support to the originations team.
• Assist with all aspects of the loan origination process, including the modeling and evaluation of new investment opportunities, sensitivity analysis, analysis of the risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, due-diligence review, preparation of authorization memos, and loan closing.
• Conducting calls with leasing brokers and property owners to evaluate markets and submarkets tied to investment opportunities.
• Providing analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including market research, review of property operating statements, cash flow modeling, property valuation, borrower credit review, and preparation of loan briefs for investment committee approval.
• Assist senior members of the team with the loan diligence process, including initial structuring, underwriting, closing and select post-closing reporting.
• Interact professionally with internal credit, legal and loan origination personnel and externally with borrowers, third-party service providers, rating agencies and investors.
• This is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities, which may change at any time without notice.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Business, or a related area with real estate
• MBA preferred in related field
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Argus is preferred.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Understanding and strong interest in real estate, capital markets, and debt.
• Excellent verbal, writing, and communication skills.
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude who thrives in a dynamic working environment.
• 3-5 years of experience in commercial real estate finance.
Compensation: $110k-$135k base plus performance-based bonus. As an equal opportunity employer, ACORE Capital offers a competitive benefits package and salary/bonus commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line 'Originations Associate – San Francisco'.
About ACORE Capital
ACORE Capital, LP is one of the largest credit managers focused on commercial real estate lending. With offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas and New York, ACORE relies on and invests in exceptional talent to originate, acquire and manage first mortgages, B-notes, mezzanine debt and preferred equity. Since inception in 2015, ACORE has quickly established itself as a reliable and trusted source of customized financing solutions at competitive rates and flexible terms. This success is an outcome of its people-first culture, proven track record and longstanding relationships. For more information, please visit www.acorecapital.com.