Location: San Francisco
Reporting to: Scott Swisher
The Analyst will be responsible for assisting in originating, underwriting, and performing due diligence on real estate debt transactions. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, work effectively in teams, detail oriented, and be able to work on multiple transactions at once in a fast-paced environment. This role will have an excellent opportunity to work on a variety of large institutional real estate transactions, including multiple property types across the country. This role will report to the Managing Director and is headquartered from Larkspur, California.
• Create detailed real estate financial models in Excel and ARGUS.
• Prepare internal investment memoranda.
• Provide general analytical support to the originations team.
• Assist with all aspects of the loan origination process, including the modeling and evaluation of new investment opportunities, sensitivity analysis, analysis of the risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, due-diligence review, preparation of investment committee memos, and loan closing.
• Conducting calls with leasing brokers and property owners to evaluate markets and submarkets tied to investment opportunities.
• Providing analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including market research, review of property operating statements, cash flow modeling, property valuation, borrower credit review, and preparation of loan briefs for investment committee approval.
• Assist senior members of the team with the loan diligence process, including initial structuring, underwriting, closing and select post-closing reporting requirements.
• Interact professionally with internal credit, legal and loan origination personnel and externally with borrowers, third-party service providers, rating agencies and investors.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or a related area with real estate coursework is preferred.
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Argus is preferred.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Understanding of, and strong interest in real estate, capital markets, and debt.
• Excellent verbal, writing, and communication skills.
• Prior experience in commercial real estate finance or brokerage.
Compensation: As an equal opportunity employer, ACORE Capital offers a competitive benefits package and salary/bonus commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Originations Analyst – San Francisco”.
About ACORE Capital
ACORE Capital, LP is one of the largest credit managers focused on commercial real estate lending. This success is an outcome of its people-first culture, proven track record and longstanding relationships in the commercial real estate finance and investor communities. With over 100 professionals in offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami and New York, ACORE relies on and invests in exceptional talent for their originations, credit, capital markets, capital raising, investor relations, asset management, legal and operations teams. For more information, please visit https://www.acorecapital.com/careers