Location: New York
Reporting to: Managing Director
The Intern will assist in originating, underwriting, and performing due diligence on real estate debt transactions. The candidate should be self-motivated, work effectively in teams, detail-oriented, and be able to work on multiple transactions at once in a fast-paced environment. They will have an excellent opportunity to work on a variety of large institutional real estate transactions, including multiple property types across the country. This role will report to the Managing Director and is located in New York, New York.
• Provide general analytical support to the originations team.
• Assist with all aspects of the loan origination process, including the modeling and evaluation of new investment opportunities in ARGUS and Excel, sensitivity analysis, identifying the risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, due diligence review, preparation of investment memos, and loan closing.
• Provide analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including market research, review of property operating statements, cash flow modeling, property valuation, borrower credit review, and preparation of loan briefs for investment committee approval.
• Conduct calls with leasing brokers and property owners to evaluate markets and submarkets tied to investment opportunities.
• Interface with internal credit, legal and loan origination personnel and externally with borrowers and brokers.
• Pursuing bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or a related area with real estate coursework is preferred.
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required. Knowledge of Argus is preferred.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
• Understanding and strong interest in real estate, capital markets, and debt.
• Excellent verbal, writing, and communication skills.
Compensation: Interns are paid $25/hour. As an equal opportunity employer, ACORE Capital offers a competitive benefits package and salary/bonus commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line 'Originations Internship– New York'.
About ACORE Capital
ACORE Capital, LP is one of the largest credit managers focused on commercial real estate lending. This success is an outcome of its people-first culture, proven track record and longstanding relationships in the commercial real estate finance and investor communities. With over 100 professionals in offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami and New York, ACORE relies on and invests in exceptional talent for their originations, credit, capital markets, capital raising, investor relations, asset management, legal and operations teams. For more information, please visit https://www.acorecapital.com/careers