Position: Financial Analyst
Division: Loan Asset Management
Location: Dallas, Texas
Reporting to: Managing Director / Team Lead
The Financial Analyst is a client facing position responsible for protecting and enhancing asset value and investor returns by monitoring, facilitating, analyzing, and reporting on the performance of large, heavily structured commercial loans. The Financial Analyst will work on a broad variety of large, opportunistic, and value-add institutional real estate loans encompassing multiple property types across the U.S.
• Support the management of a portfolio of ~40 large, highly structured, complex transitional commercial real estate loans, each typically ranging in size from $40MM to $150MM
• Work collaboratively with Team Leads, Asset Managers, Bankers, Closers, Loan Servicers, and Borrowers
• Provide continuous loan surveillance: collateral tracking and analysis; submarket, market, and econometric indicators; loan servicer activities; annual operating budget reviews / approvals; quarterly risk rating using third-party resources – brokers, appraisers, etc. – and data sources such as Axiometrics, CoStar, RCA, STR, etc.; and financial reporting
• Abstract and review loan agreements and monitor covenant and critical date triggers
• Analyze property and portfolio level financials: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, General, A/P, and A/R ledgers, etc.
• Prepare and maintain financial projections, including prospect activity, lease rollover, leasing velocity, market / subject rental rates and concessions, occupancy statistics, NOI and capital forecasts, and current and forecast DSCR and Debt Yields
• Manage Borrower relationships including processing lease approvals and consent requests, authoring / presenting formal Credit Memos, and facilitating loan modifications, collateral releases, and paydowns/payoffs
• Periodically review and re-underwrite Sponsor or Guarantor liquidity and net worth (financial statement review and analysis, completion of credit forms, etc.)
• Review draw requests, update project budgets, underwrite and process loan advance and reserve release disbursements, identify project and carry shortfalls, and communicate loan re-balancing needs to borrower
• Update investor presentations and participate in quarterly asset reviews
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, related field(s), or equivalent industry experience
• Commercial real estate underwriting, lending, asset management, portfolio management, loan administration, or related experience
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to proactively identify and flag concerns with business plan execution
• Excellent financial modeling skills (advanced Excel/VBA, Argus, etc.) and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint Outlook, etc.); additional data analytics or coding experience is helpful
• Must be able to create complex, properly formatted, multi-tab spreadsheets using advanced formulas
• Exceptional character, personal integrity, and work ethic
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented, highly accurate; excellent time management skills; able to thrive in a dynamic environment and effectively handle multiple competing and time sensitive deadlines and priorities
• Great team player with good judgment and effective written and verbal communications skills; interacts well with teammates and external parties at all levels
Compensation: As an equal opportunity employer, ACORE Capital offers a competitive benefits package and salary/bonus commensurate with experience.
To apply: Exceptional candidates with 2 to 7+ years of relevant experience are encouraged to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Loan Asset Management’. (Recent graduates may be considered if they meet other key requirements).
ACORE Capital, LP is one of the largest credit managers focused on commercial real estate lending. ACORE originates, acquires and manages first mortgages, B-notes, mezzanine debt and preferred equity throughout the United States. With approximately 100 commercial real estate professionals situated across offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas and New York, ACORE specializes in providing borrowers with customized financing solutions at competitive rates and flexible terms. For more information, please visit www.acorecapital.com.