Position: Data Analyst or Associate – Capital Markets Data Analytics / Quantitative Analysis
Division: Capital Markets
Location: San Francisco (Larkspur), CA
Reporting to: Garrett Eesley
ACORE Capital is seeking a Data Analytics / Quantitative Analysis analyst or associate proficient in computer programming to join its Capital Markets team. The role will entail assisting the Capital Markets team and senior management of ACORE Capital with the development of sophisticated models and analysis of complex financial data. The individual will have the opportunity to work across a broad variety of complex financial transactions, firm initiatives and with various departments of the firm, including Originations and Capital Raising.
- Designing, developing, coding and testing financial models in Excel utilizing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). Examples of models include structured credit analysis, fund waterfall calculations, CLO and structured credit products and closed end fund scenario analysis
- Utilize previous programming / coding experience to further automate and increase efficiency of models currently used by the firm
- Work with ACORE’s loan modeling and operational data team on department data integration and analysis
- Manage liquidity models and cash needs on a day-to-day basis (capital calls, subscription line draws, paydowns, repurchase facility advances, etc.) for various co-mingled debt funds
- Assist the capital markets team with other model and analysis requests from senior management of the firm
- Four-year college degree with major in computer science, computer engineering or similar degree. A minor (or course work) in finance, business or economics a plus but not required.
- Experience with Excel and coding in VBA
- Extensive knowledge of at least one Object Oriented Programming language (e.g. Java, C++, Python);
- Knowledge of PowerBI or other data visualization software is a plus, but not required
- Working knowledge of using Excel automation tools to enhance productivity / efficiency of Excel models (VBA, power query, etc.)
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, team player and ability to perform in a high-expectation environment
As an equal opportunity employer, ACORE Capital offers a competitive benefits package and salary/bonus commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Quantitative / Data Analyst – SF”.
About ACORE Capital
ACORE Capital, LP is one of the largest credit managers focused on commercial real estate lending. This success is an outcome of its people-first culture, proven track record and longstanding relationships in the commercial real estate finance and investor communities. With over 100 professionals in offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami and New York, ACORE relies on and invests in exceptional talent for their originations, credit, capital markets, capital raising, investor relations, asset management, legal and operations teams. For more information, please visit https://www.acorecapital.com/career